One year ago Charlie Giancarlo took the helm of Pure Storage, which in fiscal year 2018 reported its first billion-dollar year.
Microsoft said that hackers linked to Russia's government sought to launch cyber attacks on U.S. political groups.
Trade Me revenue reached a record $250.4 million during the financial year ending 30 June, backed up by increased net operating profits totalling $96.6 million.
Spark has reported strong performance in key growth areas of cloud, mobile, security and service management but costs of change are up.
- Behind the result: Mercury gets "digitally ready" in bumper year
- Why Salesforce is open sourcing the AI technology behind Einstein
- Google alleged to track phone users regardless of privacy settings
- AirTrunk secures $850M funding for expansion of data centres
- SOTI turns focus to channel with new trans-Tasman leader
- Why tech sales cycles take so long for service providers
- IBM, Maersk launch blockchain-based shipping platform with 94 early adopters
- U.S. government seeks Facebook help to wiretap Messenger
- As Nvidia expands in AI, Intel defends turf
- Cisco’s global channel chief resigns
- Cisco software, subscription strategies pay off
- Australian teen sparks FBI action after hacking Apple: media
Cloud services are not new. Many of the technologies, such as remote access to applications, ready-to-use infrastructure and pre-configured environments have been around for many years. What has changed is the scope of different services and the scale they can offer. And the idea of having to size a system before deploying it is disappearing as new cloud platforms offer almost infinite scalability. Read more
Sophos Discover outlines security strategies for trans-Tasman partners
EDGE 2018: Kiwis kick back with Super Rugby before NZ session
EDGE 2018: Kiwis assess key customer priorities through NZ research
EDGE 2018: Golfers go for glory in the EDGE Cup with HP
EDGE 2018: 300 tech leaders come together for Dinner Under the Hangar
Security, cloud and IoT on show at Ingram Micro One
Security and patch experts contend that Windows XP is still retired, even though Microsoft has issued security updates two months running for the 16-year-old OS.
Microsoft today followed May's unprecedented release of security updates for expired operating systems by issuing another dozen patches for the aged Windows XP.
Microsoft took the unprecedented step of issuing security patches for Windows XP, even though support for it ended in 2014. What does that portend for the future?
At its Discover conference this week, HPE is pulling back the curtains on firmware security and advances in software-defined IT.
Cyber incidents dominated headlines this year, from Russia’s hacking of Democrat emails to internet cameras and DVRs launching DDoS attacks, leaving the impression among many that nothing should be entrusted to the internet.
Windows 10 will be supported until Oct. 14, 2025 — unless your computer has a Clover Trail CPU. Then you’re out of luck.
Putting back doors into any software, even once, is just asking for trouble.
From the faster new A9 chip to updated cameras, a faster Touch ID system and a new pressure-sensitive multitouch display, the latest iPhone represents more than a typical evolutionary update.
AVG Internet Security 2011 is aimed at those looking for a do-it-all piece of software, offering anti-virus, anti-spyware, a rootkit detector and killer, firewall, link scanner, online shield, email scanner, identity protection, spam killer and more.