Worldwide spending on public cloud services and infrastructure forecast to reach US$160 billion in 2018, an increase of 23.2 per cent.
IBM has finalised distribution plans for 2018 in New Zealand, parting company with Dicker Data following a two month review process.
Network security vendor WatchGuard Technologies has appointed former Exeed security head as territory sales manager for NZ and the Pacific Islands.
A former software engineer for IBM in China was sentenced to five years in prison after he pleaded guilty to stealing proprietary source code.
- Google Cloud hires for channel talent in Auckland
- Hackers exploit security flaw in Schneider Electric software
- Spectre and Meltdown patches ramp up reboot rate in newer Intel chips
- Could chip flaws boost IBM’s standing?
- Oracle patches Spectre and Meltdown chip flaws
- CloudRecover reveals new identity after acquisition by j2 Global
- Kiwi IT spending set to increase, but where's the money going?
- AT&T advised to cut ties with Huawei as lawmakers block US move
- Acronis names new A/NZ chief
- Lenovo patches vulnerability inherited via IBM servers
- Channel crucial as 25% of Kiwi businesses deployed IoT in 2017
- Microsoft is shutting down its free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in 24 hours
Microsoft 365 Business is a highly secure solution that allows SMEs to enable and manage mobile users without the need to manage their own servers and environment.. Read more
Looking back at the top 15 M&A deals in NZ during 2017
Kiwi channel closes 2017 with After Hours
Tech industry comes together as Lexel celebrates turning 30
Reseller News ICT Industry Awards 2017 - Meet the winners...
Keynote speakers set the scene for Reseller News ICT Industry Awards 2017
Channel toasts 2017 success as Champagne Reception kicks off Reseller News ICT Industry Awards
Security and patch experts contend that Windows XP is still retired, even though Microsoft has issued security updates two months running for the 16-year-old OS.
Microsoft today followed May's unprecedented release of security updates for expired operating systems by issuing another dozen patches for the aged Windows XP.
Microsoft took the unprecedented step of issuing security patches for Windows XP, even though support for it ended in 2014. What does that portend for the future?
At its Discover conference this week, HPE is pulling back the curtains on firmware security and advances in software-defined IT.
Cyber incidents dominated headlines this year, from Russia’s hacking of Democrat emails to internet cameras and DVRs launching DDoS attacks, leaving the impression among many that nothing should be entrusted to the internet.
Windows 10 will be supported until Oct. 14, 2025 — unless your computer has a Clover Trail CPU. Then you’re out of luck.
Putting back doors into any software, even once, is just asking for trouble.
From the faster new A9 chip to updated cameras, a faster Touch ID system and a new pressure-sensitive multitouch display, the latest iPhone represents more than a typical evolutionary update.
AVG Internet Security 2011 is aimed at those looking for a do-it-all piece of software, offering anti-virus, anti-spyware, a rootkit detector and killer, firewall, link scanner, online shield, email scanner, identity protection, spam killer and more.