Activist investor Carl Icahn has bought a US$1.2 billion stake in HP and is pushing for the personal computer maker's merger with Xerox.
PC and Components
In addition to revealing the new 16-inch MacBook Pro, Apple announced that the Mac Pro, the company’s workhorse tower computer.
IBM, which has embraced Apple hardware in a big way, says the employees who use Macs are more likely to stay at the company.
Sunil Patro, founder and CEO at SignEasy, talks about Apple's commitment to the enterprise – and why India is an important part of the future.
- HP confirms Xerox bid, remains open to offers
- Xerox's reported HP bid could create a PC and printing juggernaut
- HP names Chelsea Rossney as Australian commercial channel lead
- Intel's unexpected, prolonged processor shortage dampens record quarter
- Intel consolidates partner programs into one
- New Zealand IT spending to reach $13.9B in 2020
- Meet the winners of the 2019 Reseller News Innovation Awards
- Google unveils Pixel 4 phones with radar, more affordable laptop
- What is Project Athena? Intel looks to revitalise laptop world once more
- Reseller News Innovation Awards 2019: and the finalists are
- HP CEO Dion Weisler set to depart
- The Instillery and Origin unite in mega merger
Tech credentials on show during Ingram Micro One APAC
Bumper channel crowd kicks off Ingram Micro One APAC in Singapore
Securing the cloud amid a vanishing perimeter in NZ
Bumper channel crowd kicks off first After Hours of 2019
Partners turn out in force as IBM outlines Kiwi channel priorities
Tech industry comes out in force as Lancom turns 30
On the same day it unveiled its newest laptop, the company also announced that the new Mac Pro will ship in December.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are two stunning devices for consumers, but business users and IT departments will find a lot to love about the new smartphones, too.
You won’t find many public references by Apple to its Mobility Partner Program, an expanding effort by the company to unite with software developers/integrators to boost sales of iPhones and iPads to businesses. But the veil of secrecy surrounding the program is thinning.
Apple can no longer ignore cries of help from its enterprise customers. Call them marriages of necessity, but Apple is striking corporate deals that make it more friendly to CIOs. We look at five of those partnerships.
Although Apple has recently implied that its iPad Pro tablet could replace a PC, the nascent ad campaign does not signal a change in strategy.
Windows 10 will be supported until Oct. 14, 2025 — unless your computer has a Clover Trail CPU. Then you’re out of luck.
The company is in the midst of a great transition, and current indications are that it is going well.
With the arrival this week of the iPad Pro, Apple launches a salvo in the hybrid, 2-in-1 wars. It's clearly a great tablet, but will it replace a laptop?
Windows 10 is now available for consumers, but for IT executives thinking about enterprise deployments, here's what the upgrade path from Window 7 or Windows 8/8.1 looks like.