IBM’s new Multi-cloud Manager will manage workloads on Big Blue clouds but also on Amazon, Red Hat and Microsoft infrastructure.
Fujitsu has appointed Mika Joronen as country manager of New Zealand, replacing Mike Bull who is returning to Australia.
UK-based software vendor SmartSpace has acquired SwipedOn, a New Zealand-based SaaS provider in a transaction worth $11 million.
SAP plans to offer more support to help reluctant clients shift to its latest cloud-based business suite, a transition crucial for its future profitability.
- Kiwi developers Sylo and Trackback partner to fight counterfeits
- As partners begin to self-publish, here’s 7 top content tips
- Clarifying private cloud, and challenging misconceptions
- ConnectWise brings flagship IT Nation event to Australia
- IBM misses revenue estimates as server, software sales slow
- IP telephony specialist Ufone buys Auckland-based Maxitel
- How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy
- Box puts automation at the heart of its product vision
- Troubled Orion Health launches Amadeus Core for big data on AWS
- Why it’s time to drop the term VAR
- Puppet Insights vows to show devops journey maturity for businesses
- How VMware is leaning on IBM and AWS to go all-in on cloud
In a world where data security is key, it is vitally important that every business has the best protection possible for its incoming and outgoing data and that means using Secure Sockets layer (SSL) encryption, decryption and inspection. However, it is now no longer enough to trust that encrypted data transmission is completely secure because hackers and other criminals have found a way to use it to their benefit.. Read more
Reseller News Innovation Awards 2018: meet the top performing partners
Champagne Reception kicks off Reseller News Innovation Awards 2018
Chasing innovation: how Kiwi partners can create a new customer agenda
Kiwi channel comes together as After Hours hits Auckland
Sophos Discover outlines security strategies for trans-Tasman partners
EDGE 2018: Kiwis kick back with Super Rugby before NZ session
When Apple this week rolled out the new iPad Pro with a 10.5-in. screen, it also shrunk the pool of those who can run Office apps free of charge.
When Microsoft decreed that Windows 10 would be refreshed twice a year, it also unveiled a virtually identical scheme for corporate subscribers to Office 365.
At its Discover conference this week, HPE is pulling back the curtains on firmware security and advances in software-defined IT.
Since its launch, Windows 10 has forced enterprises to rethink how they manage their PC and mobile environments. But even with useful built-in tools, the OS still leans on third-party MDM tool sets.
Windows 10 will be supported until Oct. 14, 2025 — unless your computer has a Clover Trail CPU. Then you’re out of luck.