IBM’s new Multi-cloud Manager will manage workloads on Big Blue clouds but also on Amazon, Red Hat and Microsoft infrastructure.
Mobility and Wireless
Fujitsu has appointed Mika Joronen as country manager of New Zealand, replacing Mike Bull who is returning to Australia.
UK-based software vendor SmartSpace has acquired SwipedOn, a New Zealand-based SaaS provider in a transaction worth $11 million.
The channel is finding a voice through self-publishing tools to reach a wider audience. Positive intentions? Yes. Flawed execution? Perhaps.
- ConnectWise brings flagship IT Nation event to Australia
- IBM misses revenue estimates as server, software sales slow
- IP telephony specialist Ufone buys Auckland-based Maxitel
- How complaints tamed Microsoft's aggressive feature upgrade strategy
- Box puts automation at the heart of its product vision
- Troubled Orion Health launches Amadeus Core for big data on AWS
- Why it’s time to drop the term VAR
- How VMware is leaning on IBM and AWS to go all-in on cloud
- After 22 years, SAP specialist Soltius rebrands to Zag
- How one cruise giant is turning to IoT and Splunk for more personalised guest experiences
- PC shipments remain stagnant as Intel CPU shortages bite
- A new channel chief is appointed every 11 days across A/NZ
There was a time when IT departments focused on disaster recovery and business continuity whenever planning a key corporate function. But that time is becoming a distant dot in the enterprise rear-view mirror. Instead, the focus is moving towards resilience. And whereas the past was about buying two of everything "just in case", a new business model has emerged. The old "five nines" maxim, the idea that your availability is 99.999%, has been replaced by "always available". This means ensuring your network is always up.. Read more
Reseller News Innovation Awards 2018: meet the top performing partners
Champagne Reception kicks off Reseller News Innovation Awards 2018
Chasing innovation: how Kiwi partners can create a new customer agenda
Kiwi channel comes together as After Hours hits Auckland
Sophos Discover outlines security strategies for trans-Tasman partners
EDGE 2018: Kiwis kick back with Super Rugby before NZ session
The iOS version of Edge uses the same WebKit engine that powers Apple's Safari, while the Android Edge is based on the Blink engine Google maintains for Chrome.
Creators Update is now suitable for broad deployment in enterprise.
Microsoft today followed May's unprecedented release of security updates for expired operating systems by issuing another dozen patches for the aged Windows XP.
When Apple this week rolled out the new iPad Pro with a 10.5-in. screen, it also shrunk the pool of those who can run Office apps free of charge.
Since its launch, Windows 10 has forced enterprises to rethink how they manage their PC and mobile environments. But even with useful built-in tools, the OS still leans on third-party MDM tool sets.
Windows 10 will be supported until Oct. 14, 2025 — unless your computer has a Clover Trail CPU. Then you’re out of luck.
The real question to ask, though, is why this figure is so important to Microsoft.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update brings incremental improvements in Edge, the Start menu and Windows Ink, among others -- but Cortana haters won't be happy.
From the faster new A9 chip to updated cameras, a faster Touch ID system and a new pressure-sensitive multitouch display, the latest iPhone represents more than a typical evolutionary update.