Many technology service providers are experiencing ‘long sales cycles’. But how long is long?
Integration and Services
Scores of early adopters have agreed to pilot the distributed ledger technology, enabling them to track shipments in near-real time.
The U.S. government is trying to force Facebook to break the encryption in its popular Messenger app, according to three people briefed on the case.
We assess the cloud spending patterns of customers through profiling readers of CIO, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World publications.
- As Nvidia expands in AI, Intel defends turf
- Cisco’s global channel chief resigns
- Cisco software, subscription strategies pay off
- Australian teen sparks FBI action after hacking Apple: media
- Nominations for Reseller News Innovation Awards closing soon
- Westcon-Comstor strikes A/NZ alliance with Alibaba Cloud
- Ministry of Education renews free Microsoft software deal until end of 2021
- Security bets pay off as Cisco reports strong financials
- Dell EMC responds to partner feedback with new enterprise program
- Does big data equal big opportunity for the channel?
- Sky turns to Google Cloud to shut down English Premier League piracy
- Transition Systems lands sole distie deal with Avocor
Cloud services are not new. Many of the technologies, such as remote access to applications, ready-to-use infrastructure and pre-configured environments have been around for many years. What has changed is the scope of different services and the scale they can offer. And the idea of having to size a system before deploying it is disappearing as new cloud platforms offer almost infinite scalability. Read more
Sophos Discover outlines security strategies for trans-Tasman partners
EDGE 2018: Kiwis kick back with Super Rugby before NZ session
EDGE 2018: Kiwis assess key customer priorities through NZ research
EDGE 2018: Golfers go for glory in the EDGE Cup with HP
EDGE 2018: 300 tech leaders come together for Dinner Under the Hangar
Security, cloud and IoT on show at Ingram Micro One
The iOS version of Edge uses the same WebKit engine that powers Apple's Safari, while the Android Edge is based on the Blink engine Google maintains for Chrome.
As the migration of businesses to the cloud picks up steam, Oracle is intent on keeping up.
Here's what will happen to Flash Player on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari between now and the end of 2020.
Creators Update is now suitable for broad deployment in enterprise.
At its Discover conference this week, HPE is pulling back the curtains on firmware security and advances in software-defined IT.
Windows 10 will be supported until Oct. 14, 2025 — unless your computer has a Clover Trail CPU. Then you’re out of luck.
An unexpected trend is emerging in technology. Information presented to the user is growing vague. Columnist Mike Elgan explains why.