- 28 October 2011 13:27
Culture of Innovation Focused on Customer and Partner Success Lands NetApp as #3 Best Workplace in the World
SUNNYVALE, Calif.—October 27, 2011—NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today was named the #3 best workplace in the world by the Great Place to Work® Institute, Inc., joining an elite group of 25 multinational companies that have been recognized by their employees for their company culture and workplace environments. The inaugural “World’s Best Multinational Workplaces” list was revealed at a gala event tonight at the New York Stock Exchange and published online by FORTUNE magazine at http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/fortune/1110/gallery.best_companies_global.fortune.
“We’re honored to be named among such a distinguished list of global companies by the Great Place to Work,” said Tom Georgens, president and CEO, NetApp. “This recognition is a testament to our employees, who bring their passion and dedication to work every day. Creating an environment where our employees and innovation thrive helps our partners and customers around the world outpace their competition and propel their businesses forward.”
Commitment to Being a Model Company Drives Success
NetApp is committed to building a model global company with a unique culture that values creativity, teamwork, open communication, leadership, adaptability, and innovation. Employees live these core values and enable NetApp to build and deliver products and services that help the company’s partners and customers accelerate their business through greater IT flexibility and efficiency.
NetApp’s culture is the source of sustainable differentiation for the company. This is why the company sustains and nurtures its culture by measuring itself against the world’s best workplaces. Great Place to Work captures valuable employee sentiment, identifies areas of improvement, and sets a high bar to strive for. NetApp’s latest ranking on the “World’s Best Multinational Workplaces” list joins the following global rankings that demonstrate that NetApp is sustaining its values and culture as the foundation of a great place to work: - Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- United Kingdom: #2
- Canada: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- New York City: #2
- Australia: #3
- France: #4
- Minnesota: #4
- United States: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Europe: #6
- Japan: #8
- Germany: #8
- India: #10
- Boston: #14
Here’s What NetApp’s Global Customers and Partners Are Saying:
- David Ashamalla, chief information officer at CIO Solutions “CIO Solutions’ shared IT infrastructure is built on NetApp®, and we couldn’t scale our business, or our customers’ businesses, without them. Simply put, NetApp ROCKS, and their ranking as a World’s Best Multinational Workplace is a testament to their business model, which is about helping their customers accelerate their business and succeed. We congratulate NetApp, and look forward to our continued joint success.”
- Rolf Schwirz, chief executive officer at Fujitsu Technology Solutions “NetApp’s World’s Best Multinational Workplace ranking demonstrates a special corporate culture that makes Fujitsu’s cooperation with NetApp really outstanding. It is all about the people who drive successful and trusted partnerships in the long term, such as the relationship we have enjoyed with NetApp for more than 10 years. Fujitsu congratulates NetApp on this achievement: It is a pleasure for us to do business with you.”
- José Tolovi, Jr., Global chief executive officer, Great Place to Work “NetApp employees and managers should be proud of their accomplishment on this, the first ever World’s Best Multinational Workplaces list. Their high ranking demonstrates a commitment to building trust-based relationships between managers and employees. It also shows high levels of credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie in the NetApp organization around the world.”
- Hayes Drumwright, chief executive officer at Trace3 “As a long-time partner, I have watched NetApp grow from startup to a multi-billion dollar corporation. One thing has remained constant: NetApp’s unwavering belief in their people, purpose, and vision has made them the most culturally sound organization I have ever worked with. They inspire their employees and motivate their partners to become greater than they ever thought possible. Trace3 has also grown considerably and we strive to emulate the NetApp culture. I congratulate NetApp, and look forward to our continued partnership and joint success.”
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work® Institute is a global research, consulting and training firm that helps organizations identify, create and sustain great workplaces through the development of high-trust workplace cultures. Great Place to Work serves businesses, non-profits and government agencies in 45 countries on all six continents.
About the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces List
The World’s Best Multinational Workplaces List ranks the top 25 global companies to work for. The ranking marks the first time Great Place to Work will present a global best workplaces list. Qualifying companies must have appeared on at least five national Great Place to Work lists, have at least 5,000 employees worldwide, and at least 40 percent (or 5,000) of their global workforce must work outside of the company’s home country.
- Learn more about NetApp’s ranking on the Great Place to Work Institute’s “World’s Best Multinational Workplaces” list on Val Bercovici’s blog: blogs.netapp.com/exposed
- Read about NetApp’s commitment to culture and its consistent recognition around the world: http://www.netapp.com/us/company/our-story/great-place-to-work
- See how NetApp customer CIO Solutions is succeeding: http://www.netapp.com/us/library/videos.html?videoId=1155928910001
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with our community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
# # #
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Press Contact: James Curtis Max Australia +61 2 9954 3492 firstname.lastname@example.org