WEDNESDAY, JULY 29 | How Partners Can Help Their Customers Make The Most Of Cloud As The Future Of Work Takes Hold
• Australian customer and partner quotes included – marked with an asterisk below
NetApp Bolsters Management Capabilities, Provides Foundation for Enterprise Customers’ Private, Public, and Hybrid Clouds
More than One Billion End Users Receive Cloud Services Built on NetApp
SYDNEY, Australia.—June 15, 2011— Today, NetApp is announcing new technologies within NetApp® OnCommand™ management software that control, automate, and analyse the shared storage infrastructure for greater optimisation and service efficiency. And to extend these capabilities beyond storage for a complete enterprise cloud infrastructure service, NetApp is enhancing its Alliance Technology Partner Program with the inclusion of cloud management leaders, enabling integration between industry-leading cloud management solutions and NetApp OnCommand to provide end-to-end management of the full-stack cloud infrastructure.
“IT leaders are seeking alternatives that help them keep pace with the demands of their business today while allowing them to adapt and evolve as their business grows,” said Val Bercovici, cloud czar at NetApp. “Winners in this market are thinking, choosing, and behaving differently. Enterprises, government organisations, and partners are turning to NetApp to help them transition to a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure—the foundation for cloud computing—that will help them be ready for the future and enable IT to accelerate business growth.”
NetApp provides the storage foundation for cloud with the NetApp Unified Storage Architecture and a comprehensive set of storage and data management capabilities built on Data ONTAP®. NetApp’s flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure provides a secure, multi-tenant solution that can dynamically scale up or back down to meet changing demand. Enterprise customers can transition to a private cloud environment at their own pace as their business grows, without disrupting their IT infrastructure.
Key Facts • NetApp’s new OnCommand management software delivers four fundamental elements that compose a cloud: service catalog, service analytics, automation, and self-service. The new NetApp OnCommand unified manager enables the creation of a storage service catalog and provides policy-based automation, including provisioning, data protection, and service monitoring. In addition, new NetApp OnCommand Insight provides the service analytics for storage and the rest of the infrastructure so customers have the visibility and knowledge needed to optimise a cloud service delivery. This includes usage-based metering, service-level monitoring, and performance and capacity modelling and planning.
• Building on its Alliance Technology Partner Program, NetApp has integrated nearly 20 enterprise cloud management partners, including BMC, CA, Fujitsu, Microsoft, newScale, Tivoli, and VMware. These partners’ cloud management software solutions enable automation and management of the cloud infrastructure and integrate with NetApp OnCommand to incorporate NetApp’s innovative storage into a full-stack orchestration to increase flexibility and efficiency while reducing overall total cost of ownership and complexity.
• Today’s news builds on the tremendous cloud momentum NetApp has achieved over the past year. Last June, NetApp officially launched its Partner Program for Service Providers, which was the first of its kind in the storage industry and today includes more than 30 service providers delivering more than 50 cloud services around the world. The program is a key part of NetApp’s strategy to broaden and leverage its diverse pathways to reach customers and has helped provide cloud services built on NetApp to over one billion end users.
• In November, NetApp unveiled new platform features, products, and technologies—including the first Cisco and NetApp FlexPod™ solution with VMware—to help customers transition to a flexible and efficient shared IT infrastructure, the foundation for cloud computing. And with more than 150 customers having already implemented joint data center solutions based on the FlexPod design architecture, last month NetApp and Cisco introduced a new design guide for FlexPod that supports SAP applications, as well as the new NetApp Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco in collaboration with Microsoft, giving partners and customers greater flexibility and freedom of choice as they transition to the cloud. Leading global and regional system integrators are leveraging these integrated private cloud solutions and tailoring them to each customer’s unique business requirements.
• Greg Kennish, CEO, IntraPower* “One of the key factors for us is scalability and that is why we are confident building our business based on the FlexPod. There is no other solution on the market that has the capability to scale through thousands of users and tens of thousands of users in the way that the FlexPod does. As a result, NetApp enables us to deliver on our promise of trusted cloud capability to our customers. It’s the world-class capability of not just technology but a commitment to customer service that makes the partnership so powerful.”
• Adam Simpson, Cloud Manager, Harbour IT* “A lot of potential customers are on the front foot about bringing true cost savings back to the business and they see the cloud as the option to do it. The FlexPod environment Harbour IT has implemented has a lower cost of ownership per terabyte compared to other providers which has allowed us to pass on the savings to our customers but also invest in other technologies that benefit our customer experience. FlexPod is secure, it’s tried and tested, and best of breed, so it gives customers the comfort that we’ve invested in the technology so they don’t have to.”
• Simon Durkin, Director of Sales, Interactive* “Interactive is proud to offer world-class Cloud solutions with NetApp as our trusted storage partner. The NetApp Partner Program gives us access to even more tools and processes that improve our Cloud value proposition. To be successful in the Cloud market you need to be able to demonstrate that you can utilise your resources effectively and thereby provide your customers the best solutions at a cost effective price. Together with NetApp, we have a winning team.”
• Peter Molloy, Executive Vice President, Global Sales, FireScope* "Cloud initiatives are driven by the need for greater business agility, reducing the cost and time to deliver key services to customers and leveraging competitive advantages. With this in mind, it's imperative that cloud initiatives deliver relevant, measurable business outcomes such as increased market share or more appropriate businesses response to a competitive challenge. FireScope's alliance with NetApp delivers customers compelling benefits in the areas of manageability and analysis, thereby enabling genuine flexibility and efficiency in the delivery of these outcomes to organisations.”
• Steve Duplessie, Founder and Senior Analyst at ESG “Our research consistently shows that material business process improvements and cost reductions are the easiest way to justify IT investments. The promise of cloud implementations, including private, public, and hybrid approaches, is to deliver on both: making business more agile while making IT more efficient. Thus there are substantial pressure and opportunity for those organisations and cloud service providers to build innovative, economic, and secure infrastructures. Today’s NetApp announcements focusing on service automation and analytics are destined to be a cornerstone for any cloud environment because these capabilities along with adjoining partners’ feature sets help optimise service levels at the lowest possible cost.”
NetApp’s Home for All Things Cloud Visit NetApp’s new home for all things cloud to learn how industry leaders have embraced the cloud for real business benefits. Learn how technology leaders, service providers, and systems integrators are using cloud solutions to achieve greater flexibility. Read white papers and interact with cloud experts to see how NetApp can help your business go further, faster: www.netapp.com/cloud.
Additional Resources • Follow NetApp on Twitter at http://twitter.com/netappanz • Read more about NetApp OnCommand management software suite: www/netapp.com/oncommand or www.netapp.com/oncommandinsight • Learn more about the NetApp cloud management partners: www.netapp.com/us/partners/alliance-technology/infrastructure/cloud-management.html • Read Val Bercovici’s blog to learn more about cloud industry trends: blogs.netapp.com/exposed • Hear Julie Parrish talk about how NetApp cloud solutions are helping our pathway partners: http://blogs.netapp.com/julie • View NetApp videos on the NetApp Cloud playlist at www.youtube.com/user/NetAppTV#grid/user/F2B53DC61A1B869D
About NetApp NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp’s passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com .
# # #
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, Data ONTAP, FlexPod, and OnCommand are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such. Use of the term “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership between NetApp and any other company.
Press Contact: Rachel York Max Australia +61 2 9954 3492 Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Press Contact: Bas Bolyn Max Australia 02 9954 3492 0447 486 195 email@example.com