NOMINATIONS EXTENDED - CLOSE ON AUGUST 10
EDGE 2020 Goes Virtual
NetApp Simplifies Customers Transition to Private Cloud Through Collaboration with Cisco and Microsoft
Solution Enables Advanced Management and Service Automation, Earning NetApp Placement in Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Program
Sydney, AUSTRALIA —17 May, 2011— NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that the company has joined Microsoft Corp.’s Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track program with a validated data centre architecture design that simplifies private cloud deployment and operations. The NetApp® Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco data centre architecture design helps customers accelerate their business by enabling IT to rapidly respond to changing business needs while providing application availability and improving management efficiencies through automation.
• Validated through the Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track program, the NetApp Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco data centre architecture design helps customers reduce infrastructure and application deployment time from days to hours while helping them achieve greater utilisation of their physical and virtual resource pools.
• The NetApp Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco data centre architecture design uses Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V R2 and Microsoft System Centre, a common management platform to help ease management and enable automation and self-service provisioning of the entire private cloud infrastructure, including features such as automated self-service provisioning via native Opalis Integration Packs.
• Built on a flexible, shared infrastructure , the NetApp Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco design is a tested data centre architecture that can scale vertically or horizontally. The architecture design is comprised of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) servers and Cisco Nexus switches; Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V R2 and Microsoft System Centre components, including Microsoft System Centre Virtual Machine Manager, Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager, Microsoft System Centre Service Manager, and Opalis Integration Server; and NetApp unified storage systems running Data ONTAP®, with a software bundle that includes the NetApp OnCommand™ 3.0 plug-in for Microsoft. (The NetApp OnCommand 3.0 plug-in is slated to be available in August 2011; the rest of the solutions are available today.)
• Mitch Kitay, vice president of Advanced Data Solutions, Terremark “NetApp Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco has helped us achieve high levels of efficiency and density per rack and lower-cost operations. The common management framework supports larger multi-tenant deployments without needing to add more staff, while integration with Cisco UCS and Microsoft Hyper-V provides high-scaling capabilities that allow us to deliver resources for the wide variety of enterprise workloads and applications run by our customers. By providing flexible and efficient services, we’re helping our customers be competitive while accelerating our own success.”
• Soni Jiandani , senior vice president, Server Access and Virtualisation Technology Group, Cisco “With this validated architecture design, customers can confidently take advantage of the Cisco Unified Computing System and the NetApp infrastructure to accelerate their journey to the private cloud.”
• Mike Schutz, senior director of Windows Server Marketing at Microsoft Corp. “We developed the Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track program to help our customers accelerate private cloud deployments and enable them to reap the benefits of IT flexibility, increased agility, and lower costs. The combination of Cisco and NetApp provides orchestration and automation capabilities, and is directly in line with our vision to provide our customers with a broad choice of pre-validated infrastructures that can help them deploy private cloud architectures with confidence.”
• Phil Brotherton, vice president and general manager of the Microsoft Business Unit at NetApp “Working with Cisco and Microsoft, NetApp continues to deliver on our commitment to helping our customers achieve greater flexibility and efficiencies at lower costs. This collaboration enables us to deliver a private cloud that paves the way for customers to transition to a shared IT infrastructure that helps them be ready for the future and use IT as a tool to capitalise on new growth opportunities.”
Available White Papers, Videos, and Blog Links: • Learn more about NetApp Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco: http://www.microsoft.com/virtualization/en/us/hyperv-cloud-fasttrack.aspx#NetAppCisco • Read the solution white paper on NetApp for Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco: • http://media.netapp.com/documents/wp-7132.pdf • Watch the video that outlines the technical benefits of NetApp Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track with Cisco: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9772103 • Visit the NetApp for Microsoft Environments blog: http://blogs.netapp.com/msenviro/ • Visit the Cisco Data Centre blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/category/datacenter/ • Visit the Microsoft Virtualisation blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualization/ • Visit Microsoft’s Facebook Virtualisation site: http://www.facebook.com/Microsoft.Virtualization
About NetApp NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and achieve outstanding cost efficiency. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
# # #
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, and OnCommand are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Windows and Microsoft are registered trademarks and Hyper-V is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Cisco is a registered trademark and Unified Computing System is a trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
Media Contact: Rachel York Max Australia +61 2 9954 3492 Rachel.email@example.com