More than 85 per cent of Canterbury employers are planning to recruit new IT personnel in the next six months as businesses move into an active growth phase, according to new research data.
Stories by Computerworld NZ staff
Technology Investment Network (TIN) last night revealed New Zealand’s top ten high growth technology export companies across two categories, TIN100 EY Ten Companies to Watch and the TIN100+ Ten Hot Emerging Companies.
Vodafone has activated three separate 4G spectrum bands – 2600MHz, 1800MHz, and 700MHz – on a cell site in Northcote. This theoretically creates three times the capacity of a single spectrum site, though actual speeds could vary depending on the number of users, device capability and radio conditions.
Microsoft New Zealand today announced it is donating $1 million in cash, software and services to the High Tech Youth Network to provide pathways for young Kiwis into the IT industry.
A University of Auckland student team has won first place and a $50,000 prize in the Innovation category at the Microsoft Imagine Cup World Finals in Seattle this week for their social interaction app, called ‘Estimeet’.
A whopping 84 per cent of 91,000 IT service incidents logged with Dimesion Data’s (DiData) service centres in 2013 were related to non-device issues such as human error, telecom failures or environmental issues, leaving only 16 per cent of these incidents being device related.
Talent2 and the Ministry of Education have agreed that the management and operation of the Novopay payroll service will transition from Talent2 to a new government owned company on 17 October 2014
NZ Forex, a wholly owned subsidiary of the ASX-listed Oz Forex Group, has signed up to use RealMe, a NZ government and NZ Post initiative, to help customers transfer money overseas without having to go through a physical identifications process.
A new agreement between New Zealand Post and Vodafone will lead to a complete redesign of former's network services.
An integration between Warehouse Stationery and Xero’s cloud platform will give customers the ability to receive invoices from the former directly into the accounting solution.
REANNZ (Research and Education Advanced Network New Zealand) has gone live with 40Gbps connectivity on the SXtransPORT service, allowing its members to transmit more data capacity faster between NZ and the rest of the world.
Eroad has registered a prospectus for an initial public offering (IPO) of ordinary shares in the company.
Telecom has announced its intention to launch 4G services in the 700 MHz band in late August.
The Labour Party’s policy document for ICT, released today, promises not only incentives for Kiwi businesses in the tech sector but also improved government procurement from local firms.
Slingshot customers can now pay their broadband bill with Bitcoin.
The storied Toshiba laptop brand relaunched globally as Dynabook last year. Kickstarting 2020, the channel-centric vendor has been offering partners a $50 incentive per notebook sold.