Gran Turismo 5 Prologue details emerge
- 25 July, 2007 22:00
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue producer Kazunori Yamauchi announced several online features coming to the game this October in an interview with Japanese game mag Famitsu.
- PlayStation Home integration including a "Gran Turismo World" and seamless game startups.
- A My Page section of the game that includes a friends list (final version only), several background images, and a weather forecast.
- Prologue will include two online modes, one with chat enabled, one without (Hasta la vista trash talking!)
- About 40 cars and foue courses with eight different layouts.
- Prologue gameplay is somewhere between GT and Arcade mode. Players can earn reward money from each race and purchase new cars. Players cannot tune their own cars in this version. The save data from Prologue (such as money earned and cars purchased) can be carried over to Gran Turismo 5.
- Sixteen cars during races while offline; may drop to 12 cars while online.
- Features two control modes, "Normal" based on the simulation engine and "Professional" based on the actual car behavior and physics.
- A possible B-spec mode though still undecided at the moment.
Prologue will not support downloadable cars and courses; gamers will have to wait for the full version. The curtain-raiser game is scheduled for an October release in Japan.