Kaspersky Lab has appointed Anastasia Para Rae to the role of general manager of Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ), replacing the recently departed Peter Brady.
Drawing on 20 years of industry experience, Rae joins the security vendor from Datacom, after spending the past six months as a learning and development specialist for the technology provider.
Prior to this, Rae ran key customer accounts for Datacom, providing a fully outsourced, utility based IT service for Medibank, spanning service strategy, private and public cloud migration, data centre consolidation and software asset management.
As part of a 14 year career with the New Zealand-owned business, Melbourne-based Rae specialised in data centre services, alongside a year-long stint as state manager at Schneider Electric in May 2014.
Specifically, Rae has strong technical experience in critical data centre hosting and operations, hybrid cloud solutions as well as telecommunications, physical security and environmental management.
“I enjoy shared success as well as individual accomplishments in sales, leadership and general business management,” Rae said.
With a remit for business growth on both sides of the Tasman, Rae replaces the recently departed Brady in the Kaspersky hot seat.
As reported by ARN, Brady resigned after five years in the role, after developing the vendor’s strategic business plan for the A/NZ region, alongside achieving continued growth in the enterprise arena.
“It has been a successful and rewarding time here and I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all your help guidance and support over this time,” said Brady, at the time of his departure.
“I am sure I will be back out there looking for my next challenge.”
- Diamond ICT develops TechOps team to bolster managed services offering
- How Data#3 delivered 40 years of success
- Kiwi security specialist RedShield partners with BT, targets US growth
- Big Four targeted as NAB phishing scam hits Aussie inboxes
- Aussie watchdog targeted by Hong Kong-based scammers
- Datacom taps Oakton talent for software and integration lead
- Datacom takes home NZ honours as Veritas awards top performing partners
- Novopay review signals further spending on education payroll system