Endpoint security vendor, Cylance, has signed on Arrow as its distributor to lead its growth strategy across Australia and New Zealand.
Cylance Asia-Pacific vice-president, Andy Solterbeck, said Arrow was specifically selected because of its extensive security experience and credentials in the local region.
“We are excited to work with Arrow as a distributor that is recognised for its proven track record of releasing highly disruptive technologies into the Australia and New Zealand markets,” he said.
According to Solterbeck, Arrow will play a key role in supporting Cylance in its regional expansion plans and providing its customers with cyber-attack prevention technology through the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
The move follows Cylance's appointment of Lani Edwards in November to bolster the company’s regional channel strategy.
The former FireEye and Juniper channel boss joined the vendor as A/NZ channel manager as the company continues its aggressive push in the Asia-Pacific region, on what it says is a "100 per cent channel strategy".
As part of the growth initiative, the vendor also made significant hires in appointing Rick Ferguson and Anthony Farr as regional sales managers for A/NZ.
Back in October, Solterbeck also told ARN that since its entrance in the local market earlier this year, the company has seen strong early adoption in the upper mid-tier customer base.
- Building an MSP business in Australia...
- Former FireEye security veteran takes the reins at Zscaler
- Telstra acquires security analytics capabilities of failed NZ firm
- Hemisphere Technologies - A next-generation approach to distribution
- How security focused Origin IT is protecting Kiwi businesses
- UPDATED: Cylance signs global distribution deal with Westcon