James Mackay has vacated his role as leader of Westcon-Comstor’s dedicated Cisco business, Comstor, with the distributor now seeking a replacement across Australia and New Zealand.
Following his appointment as Comstor A/NZ business unit manager in January, Mackay leaves the role after 10 months running operations on both sides of the Tasman.
“James is looking to spend more time with his family and is considering a number of other areas he would like to pursue,” Westcon-Comstor A/NZ managing director, Dave Rosenberg, told ARN.
“We wish James well in future endeavours.”
Departing on October 4, Rosenberg said plans are already in place to find Mackay’s replacement, who will be tasked with growing the distributor’s Cisco business locally.
“We will replace the role,” Rosenberg confirmed to ARN. “As with any change, we are using the opportunity to reassess the business requirements.”
Mackay’s appointment followed the company’s plans to offer the entire Cisco portfolio under its Comstor brand, which went live across A/NZ in 2015.
With over 15 years of experience within the Cisco space, Mackay was previously selected as a member of Cisco’s Global Marketing Forum, following 14 years leading the Cisco business at Express Data, before its acquisition by Dicker Data in April 2014.
The Comstor division distributes the entire Cisco portfolio locally, alongside complementary F5 and NetApp vendor offerings.
“The business is growing across both markets with market share increases across all the vendors in the portfolio,” Rosenberg added.
“We have put an immediate coverage plan in place, so there should be no impact in the short term while we recruit a replacement.”
- How Data#3 overhauled council ICT infrastructure in Adelaide
- Apple attacks the enterprise with mega Deloitte partnership
- Why Plenary Networks sold to Deloitte
- Brisbane reseller helps visual effects firm supercharge creative collaboration through Cisco
- Cisco offers aid to NZ businesses impacted by earthquake
- Westcon-Comstor reshapes Aussie leadership team with triple appointment
- Dave Rosenberg returns to NZ as Westcon-Comstor MD