Blue Coat Systems has signed a worldwide agreement with Dimension Data to deliver its global managed cloud web security service.
Terms of the agreement will see Dimension Data roll out this new offering worldwide beginning in the first quarter of 2016.
Combining Blue Coat’s Cloud Generation Web Gateway with Dimension Data’s global managed security services portfolio, the union aims to help organisations deploy new secure cloud service and web applications.
“As our clients are increasingly choosing to migrate corporate applications and critical data to cloud platforms, we are seeing growing demand from our clients for the provision of cloud services for web security,” says Matthew Gyde, Group Executive of Security, Dimension Data.
“The new offering provides our clients with a comprehensive, risk-reduced route to cloud web security, and is a significant addition to Dimension Data’s comprehensive suite of managed and cloud services for security.”
In today’s dynamic business environment where users are increasingly mobile, and both applications and data are migrating to the cloud, Gyde believes organisations face daily challenges to their own security boundaries.
These same organisations also demand the ability to safely leverage the Internet for authorised, on-demand access to corporate data, regardless of physical location.
“Cyber-attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated and dynamic; therefore enterprises require integrated solutions that safeguard their networks and data across all locations and devices,” adds Michael Fey, president and COO, Blue Coat.
“We are excited to be partnering with Dimension Data to provide a service designed to meet the evolving and growing demand for enterprise-class cloud security.”
- Sky’s the limit as Ingram Micro signs off on Cloud channel acquisition
- Enterprise on the edge of disruption as Hewlett Packard Enterprise expands Internet of Things capabilities
- Power to Public Cloud as over half of enterprise takes to the skies
- Market maturity ahead as software-defined networking nears $10 billion spend mark
- Hackers mastering dark art of cybercrime as businesses prepare for year of attacks
- Is a failure of imagination causing cyber security pain for CEOs?
- New era beckons as Hewlett Packard Enterprise honours standout Kiwi partners
- Dimension Data to tower over Lambton Quay