As HP prepares to separate into two companies on November 1, 2015, the tech giant has introduced the expected members of the boards of directors for both Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc.
Each board will include members of the current HP board, as well as several new directors chosen after a “comprehensive review” of personal and professional qualifications as they relate to the specific needs of the two new companies.
Upon completion of the separation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will provide the technology solutions customers need to optimise their traditional IT, while helping them build a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-ready infrastructure that is uniquely suited to their needs.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise will be led by current HP chief executive officer Meg Whitman.
Meanwhile, HP Inc. will be a leading personal systems and printing company with a strong innovation pipeline across areas such as 3D printing and new computing experiences.
HP Inc. will be led Dion Weisler, who currently runs the Printing and Personal Systems Group at HP.
The new board for each company will go into effect upon completion of the separation.
In addition, current Board member James Skinner has announced that he has resigned from the Board, effective upon completion of the separation, due to the increased workload of his new role as Executive Chairman of Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
The board of directors of Hewlett Packard Enterprise will be chaired by Pat Russo, who joined the HP board in 2011 and currently serves as its lead independent director.
Russo previously served as chief executive officer of Alcatel-Lucent, as well as chairman, president and chief executive officer of Lucent Technologies Inc.
In addition to Russo, the Hewlett Packard Enterprise board of directors is expected to include:
• Dan Ammann, President, General Motors
• Marc Andreessen, Co-founder, AH Capital Management, LLC
• Michael J. Angelakis, Senior Advisor to the Executive Management Committee, Comcast Corporation; former Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer, Comcast Corporation
• Leslie A. Brun, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sarr Group, LLC
• Pamela Carter, former President, Cummins Distribution
• Klaus Kleinfeld, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Alcoa Inc.
• Raymond J. Lane, Partner Emeritus, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
• Ann M. Livermore, former Executive Vice President, HP Enterprise Business
• Raymond E. Ozzie, Chief Executive Officer, Talko Inc.
• Gary M. Reiner, Operating Partner, General Atlantic
• Lip-Bu Tan, Chairman, Walden International; President and Chief Executive Officer, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
• Meg Whitman, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, HP
“We set out to create two Boards with the most experienced, global-minded and diverse members we could find to help each company win in their unique markets,” Russo says.
“In addition to their collective business acumen, the new board members have worked in more than a dozen countries around the world.
“They will provide strong leadership and invaluable insights into international operations, market opportunities and effective governance.”
At present, Andreessen, Kleinfeld, Lane, Livermore, Ozzie, Reiner, Russo and Whitman all currently serve as members of the board of directors of HP.