Microsoft New Zealand announced today the three companies that will be the first two-tier New Zealand distributors in its Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) programme.
Exeed, Dicker Data, formerly known as Express Data, and Ingram Micro will lead the second phase of the CSP programme in New Zealand, which opens the way for traditional resellers to bring to their clients access to cloud services from Microsoft’s Australian data centres.
The programme allows the reseller to own the end-to-end selling and provisioning of these services while also maintaining the monthly billing relationship with its customers.
Office365 will be available through this new channel immediately with Azure and CRM Online coming to the programme during the course of this calendar year.
Brent Kendrick, Director of Small & Midmarket Solutions and Partner for Microsoft NZ, says he is pleased that the programme has now expanded to the entire channel via these distribution partners, and notes that partners have been asking for this service to complete their customer lifecycle capabilities.
“CSP is a new programme and we are still learning and improving as we go,” Kendrick adds.
“However, the clear benefit of this to our partners is that it will allow them to have greater ownership of the business relationship as they provide these services to their customers.”
Kendrick says through the CSP programme, partners will be able to sell bundled solutions with Microsoft Cloud Services, as well as create Cloud Subscription and partner offers, and set prices for single packaged solutions.
“Partners are shifting to higher margin service offerings via IP Services, Project Services, and Managed Services,” he adds.
“They are evolving their business models, so this programme aims to add value to that new paradigm.”
- Boost for local business as Equinix provides direct Aussie access to Microsoft Office 365
- Next-generation of enterprise computing underway as Microsoft empowers IT professionals
- Veeam ramps up Azure investment with new Microsoft hybrid Cloud solutions
- Microsoft Azure beckons as NetSuite ditches AWS cloud
- Exeed takes Kiwi resellers to the skies following Microsoft cloud move
- EXCLUSIVE: How Microsoft is building Kiwi trust in the era of cloud computing