Networking monitoring solutions specialist Paessler AG, the innovative network monitoring solutions specialist, has announced the results of a customer survey, which explore the key features and functionalities IT departments look for in a network monitoring tool, as well as how network monitoring tools are used.
The ongoing global survey, conducted most recently from February 2014 to February 2015, sought feedback from more than 600 customers.
A key insight from the survey results revealed the rising importance of mobile for network administrators.
Among the respondents, 49 percent access Paessler’s PRTG Network Monitor on their mobile device, highlighting the growing importance of mobile solutions for businesses and the popularity of push notifications.
Responding to this increasing demand for mobile solutions, Paessler has made several improvements in mobile in the past year, including the development of a mobile application for all major operating systems, a refined user interface and the introduction of customisable push notifications.
Among the key benefits of network monitoring, PRTG users also highlighted time and cost savings in relation to network management, with 64 percent of respondents reporting exceptional value in time savings and 46 percent realising exceptional value in cost savings.
Additionally, 55 percent of respondents reported weekly time savings of two hours per week or more, with 23 percent reporting savings of four hours per week or more. By saving just two hours a week, IT departments gain 13 working days of time.
“One of our core values is to proactively improve PRTG Network Monitor to ensure that network administrations are never put into a position where they need something and have to wait for us to develop it,” says Dirk Paessler, founder and CEO, Paessler.
“We worked diligently in the past year to make PRTG more user-friendly and to develop mobile solutions, and the response from our customer base has been substantial.
“Between our mobile success and high satisfaction rates, I believe our efforts in the past year have been a major accomplishment and look forward to providing even more for our dedicated users in the future.”
Other highlights from the survey include:
· Recommendation – 96 percent of respondents would be happy to recommend PRTG to a colleague, or have already done so.
· Fast Installation – 65 percent of respondents saw exceptional value in PRTG’s installation time.
· Ease of Use – 79 percent of respondents rated PRTG’s ease of use as high or very high.
· Quality Support – Only 43 percent of respondents needed to request support, but among those that did, 87 percent found support to be helpful.
· Reliability – 78 percent of respondents were very satisfied with PRTG’s reliability.
· Security – 81 percent of respondents saw value in the security benefits of PRTG