Security vendor, Symantec, has reached another milestone in its planned spin-off of Veritas Technologies through promoting Chris Lin as its new sales leader in the Asia Pacific and Japan region.
In this role, Lin will be charged with leading a team to accelerate the company's growth, strategic presence and market position across the region, in addition to managing business operations and development.
Lin was previously Symantec’s vice president of Greater China region and he counts more than 25 years of IT experience, working in senior management roles with companies such as Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Opnext and Lucent Technologies.
Veritas worldwide sales executive vice president, Brett Shirk, said it was on track to building out the Veritas operation with talented staff and technologies.
"I am pleased to appoint Chris as the new APJ sales leader for our information management business," Shirk says.
"No doubt APJ is a diverse region with unique challenges, but I am highly confident that Chris' strong regional experience coupled with his solid track record in leading change management will propel the team to capitalise on the exciting growth opportunities and expand Veritas footprint in the region."
- Bulletproof increases focus on southern region in Australia with new senior hire
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke
- UPDATED: Fortinet restructures A/NZ management team
- SolarWinds promotes Rizzo to head Pacific region