Microsoft’s over-the-air Lumia Denim software update has commenced in New Zealand, with the tech giant currently rolling out to Lumia users across the country.
Announced today, Microsoft Devices says the update will become available over the coming weeks, dependent on country and operator variant, with the full range of devices expected to be updated by the end of March at the latest.
Seen as a step towards Windows 10, which will hit the market later this year, Microsoft hopes the update will trigger a surge of Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 to join the Windows ecosystem along with an expected hundreds of millions of PCs, tablets and other devices running the next generation of Windows.
Available across the entire range of Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1, the Denim update is the latest firmware for Lumia handsets, bringing together a handful of new features such as passive-listening Cortana, 4K video, Rich Capture and more.
Microsoft says Lumia users will be automatically notified of the Lumia Denim update via a prompt on their handset, offering them instant access to the latest Windows Phone 8.1 update, with exclusive experiences for Lumia smartphones.
The following devices will receive the Lumia Denim update: Lumia 930, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 630, Lumia 830, Lumia 735, Lumia 530, Lumia 925, Lumia 820, Lumia 625, Lumia 520, Lumia 720 and Lumia 620.
- INSIGHT: IoT matures as Microsoft’s mobile-first vision nears reality
- Kiwi competition rises as Google targets Microsoft’s Office 365 business
- California dreaming as VMob appoints Global Sales VP
- Microsoft adopts first international cloud privacy standard - What does this mean for NZ?
- REVEALED: 2015 Microsoft New Zealand Partner Award Finalists…