Dell SecureWorks has appointed Simon Ractliffe as its new director and general manager for Australia and New Zealand.
Ractliffe will be responsible for growing its presence in Australia and New Zealand, expanding the sales, marketing, security research and engineering teams.
He will also be developing Dell SecureWorks' channel program to extend its business opportunities in the region.
“I am honored to be a member of such a progressive security organisation that truly understands the gravity of risk facing organisations around the world,” Ractliffe said.
“It’s one thing to join an organisation that is a leader in your area of expertise, but it’s quite another to see such a high level of focus, commitment and investment.”
“The Dell SecureWorks team is dedicated to ensuring that clients have access to the very best security advice and cyber defense capability, and I look forward to driving the next phase of our growth in the A/NZ region.”
Ractliffe has more than 26 years experience in IT infrastructure, mostly in Australia. He served as general manager for IBM Internet Security Systems and CSC. He was a also involved in the growth and eventual sale of the Australian managed security service provider (MSSP), Earthwave Corporation to Dimension Data (NTT Group).
- Reseller, iData Resolutions, collapses with nearly $500,000 in debts
- Leo Lynch joins Huawei
- Tape storage industry bounces back strongly: TSC
- IP Australia trials IBM's Watson
- Telstra, Dimension Data and Microsoft take top honours at Polycom partner awards
- Oakton appoints former HP exec to lead NSW strategy
- IBM opens second Australian SoftLayer datacentre