Bob Agnes has been appointed by Mitel to the role of executive vice-president and general manager of Asia-Pacific operations.
Agnes comes into the role with experience in leading several mobile technology and equipment manufacturing companies in the Asia Pacific region.
“Asia-Pacific represents a significant opportunity to expand Mitel’s leadership in business communications,” Agnes said.
“I’m looking forward to build on that momentum and leadership to grow Mitel’s presence in Asia-Pacific with a focus on strategic markets."
Growing local presence
Based in Hong Kong, Agnes will be responsible for strengthening the company’s Asia Pacific presence and expanding Mitel’s market footprint in the region.
Before coming to Mitel, Agnes was VP of Tektronix in Shanghai where he focused on the company’s market share in China.
Mitel CEO, Rich McBee, expects Agnes’ experience in growing businesses to be “a strong addition to Mitel” and its business in Asia Pacific.
“As we build out our global footprint, we continue to strengthen Mitel’s regional leadership and capabilities worldwide,” he said.
Patrick Budmar covers consumer and enterprise technology breaking news for IDG Communications. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @patrick_budmar.
- Global Cloud Xchange hires A/NZ boss
- CA Technologies appoints security lead
- HP launches ProLiant Gen9 servers
- Former Telecom exec appointed Qrious CEO
- Southern Cross University and Huawei partner for major project
- EDV wins back to back Mitel awards with eNerds solution
- Technology a sweet spot for energy and comms networker Vector