ACI Worldwide has acquired Retail Decisions (ReD) for $205 million.
ReD is an ecommerce company specialising in fraud prevention in the payments industry.
ACI president and CEO, Philip Heasley, said the combination of the two companies will results in a “consistent and unified” merchant retail solution.
“The addition of ReD’s talented team and product portfolio enhances our Universal Payments strategy and further strengthens our leadership position in the fast-growing payments risk management space,” he said
Following the deal, ACI has promised to maintain “multi-year roadmaps and contractual commitments” with ReD’s existing customers.
As for what benefits ReD customers can expect from the tie-up, Heasley said ACI’s size and scale will enable current and future initiatives to be supported.
“ACI invests a high percent of revenues in R&D, significantly ahead of industry averages,” he said.
“The company also provides a world-class hosting environment, as well as global 24x7x365 support.”
Patrick Budmar covers consumer and enterprise technology breaking news for IDG Communications. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @patrick_budmar.
- ‘Engagement Wi-Fi’ is about opex value, not a cost centre: AirTight
- Predictive and social analytics identify customer micro-trends: Zensar
- EstarOnline targets growth in NZ and Oz
- Customer loyalty lies in personalisation: Salmat
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- IT services chief faces court over union fraud allegations