Security and networking vendor, Barracuda Networks, has confirmed it is no longer working with Transition Systems in Australia and Eagle Technology in New Zealand, in turn giving WhiteGold Solutions sole distribution rights across the region from July 1.
The decision is the latest in a series of changes implemented by the vendor in Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) since Mike Romans’ appointment as Barracuda country manager in April 2013.
Romans’ told ARN the move was about business predictability.
“When you have multiple distributors, it may be difficult for each to make investments because they are not sure how predictable business growth is,” he said.
“Similarly, WhiteGold has been with us for 10 years – our longest partner by a vast amount of time – and they are willing to make investments so we can grow together. That’s the predictability I look for.”
According to WhiteGold co-founder and managing director, Dominic Whitehand, Barracuda’s switch to a single distributor model is part of improving what he calls “channel hygiene,” which refers to increasing sales, brand awareness, and partner profitability.
“Over the last two years WhiteGold has been asking for significant change to really enable channel, and Barracuda’s new team has really made a big impact,” Whitehand said.
“What we are finding with a lot of vendors is that if they move to a single distributor model, they are cutting about 30 to 35 per cent of administration. They can use that extra time to enable channel and getting with end users to generate demand.”
To back the refined partnership, WhiteGold is introducing dedicated account management for pre- and post-sales engineering, training, inventory, and technical support for resellers which sell Barracuda.Read more:“Onion” ransomware the next Cryptolocker: Kaspersky
Whitehand revealed the distributor will appoint a national product manager by the end of August who will “work to increase the quality of channel partners and enable them in putting solution forward to customers more easily.”
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- BlackBerry won’t give up on devices, but enterprise remains top priority
- Zebra Technologies strengthens A/NZ channel with expanded repair support
- Data#3 spends $2.5m on first phase of Discovery takeover
- WhiteGold Solutions acquired by Exclusive Networks Group for undisclosed sum
- EXCLUSIVE: How $4500 grew … and grew … and grew
- Three key questions about how the newly acquired WhiteGold will run
- EXCLUSIVE: WhiteGold and the French connection
- Ingram Micro raises $15,000 for Cure Kids
- Telstra extends Ericsson optical transport equipment supply contract
- Eagle Technology changes direction with new CEO hire