Telecom service provider Vodafone suffered a system hardware failure in Wellington this morning that affected some customers.
According to a Vodafone spokesperson, " Business customers may have experienced issues with voice and/or internet connectivity. Some customers accessing our digital TV service may have had issues accessing their paid-for subscription channels."
The failure brought down services for around two hours this morning. Vodafone assures that the line card was replaced, and services were restored around 10.35 am today.
The company did not comment on the number of customers who were affected by the fault.
- Plan B launches colocation services under new brand
- Thrifty customers get portable internet option
- 2Degrees goes live with 4G in central Auckland
- NZ TCF's mobile recycling programme gets govt accredited
- NZTech, MIT seek more industry participants for Shadow IT programme
- Plan B opens Wellington data centre; plans to go live by mid September
- Plan B opens SXDC facility in Tawa