Menu
Netcomm enters NZ through Dynalink

Netcomm enters NZ through Dynalink

ITS recently completed acquisition by Australian listed networking company Netcomm will bolster local modem vendor Dynalink’s product line-up.

The deal was signed and sealed in December and will see Dynalink owner and founder Ian Ferry continue to run the company, which retains its name and product range, but is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Netcomm.

The acquisition gives Netcomm a ready entry into the local market and comes after the company decided it would be better to buy out Dynalink than to set up a competing local outfit, says Ferry.

“They recently decided to take a crack at the New Zealand market, but realised they would not be able to displace us,” he says.

Although the acquisition was completed last year, Dynalink has only in the past month outlined what it means for the local market.

“It gives us access to a wider range of pro-ducts and greater depth of support. And more resources — as a publicly listed company, Netcomm has more options to raise resources,” says Ferry.

Dynalink now has an enhanced range of offerings for the home and SME markets in the areas of voice over IP (VoIP), networking, wireless LAN (WLAN) and ADSL, he says.

VoIP is one of the top areas Dynalink and its resellers can now target, as Netcomm is a leader in this field, says Ferry.

“VoIP is an exiting new area for us,” he says.

Dynalink is offering Netcomm’s VoIP hardware bundled with a voice service provided by MyNetPhone. “A VoIP phone is no good without a service provider,” says Ferry.

The acquisition expands Dynalink’s range of ADSL products from three to over 15.

Netcomm engineering and marketing staff will be in the country next week to train the local channel on the company’s range of products.

Netcomm has also acquired 81% of Dynalink’s Australian subsidiary Askey, which distributes its products in Australia. The remaining 19% is held by ADSL modem manufacturer Askey Taiwan.


Follow Us

Join the newsletter!

Or

Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.

Brand Post

Featured

Slideshows

The Kiwi channel gathers for the 2020 Reseller News Women in ICT Awards

The Kiwi channel gathers for the 2020 Reseller News Women in ICT Awards

Hundreds of leaders from the New Zealand IT industry gathered at the Hilton in Auckland on 17 November to celebrate the finest female talent in the Kiwi channel and recognise the winners of the Reseller News Women in ICT Awards (WIICTA) 2020.

The Kiwi channel gathers for the 2020 Reseller News Women in ICT Awards
Leading female front runners honoured at the 2020 Reseller News Women in ICT Awards

Leading female front runners honoured at the 2020 Reseller News Women in ICT Awards

The leading female front runners of the New Zealand ICT industry joined together for the annual Reseller News Women in ICT Awards event at the Hilton in Auckland, during which hundreds of guests celebrated 13 outstanding individuals who won awards, chosen from more than 50 finalists representing over 30 organisations.

Leading female front runners honoured at the 2020 Reseller News Women in ICT Awards
Channel gathers to celebrate the Reseller News Innovation Awards 2020 winners

Channel gathers to celebrate the Reseller News Innovation Awards 2020 winners

More than 500 channel leaders gathered in Auckland on 21 October at the ​Reseller News Innovation Awards ​2020 to celebrate the achievements of the New Zealand technology industry's top partners, start-ups, vendors, distributors and individuals.

Channel gathers to celebrate the Reseller News Innovation Awards 2020 winners
Show Comments