EMC has announced that it is again moving down market with the latest iteration of its Celerra network attacked-storage (NAS) server, aiming it at the SMB space by basing its back-end storage on the entry-level Clariion AX4 storage array. The Celerra NX4 Unified Storage System, like > its predecessor the Celerra NS20 NAS array
- The NX4 is based on the AX4 array versus the Clariion CX array
- NX4 is 5Us in height; the NS20 is 7Us high.
- NX4 allows SAS and SATA drives to be mixed on the same shelf
- NX4 has a minimum of four drives; the NS20 has a minimum of five drives
- NX4 holds up to 60 drives and 60TB; the NS20 has up to 90 drives or 90TB
- NX4 has four 4Gbit/sec Fibre Channel ports; the NS20 has eight 4Gbis/sec Fibre Channel ports.
- The NX4 comes with EMC's Navisphere Express storage management software; the NS20 has full-blown Navisphere