Francis File has quit his role as Samsung’s senior manager of sales and marketing for consumer electronics, IT and appliances, after only a few months in the role. File wouldn’t reveal his future plans, but directed Reseller News to Anton Napier as being in charge of Samsung’s IT sales. Napier says with File’s departure, the vendor’s investigation into a local notebook products launch currently falls into his area of responsibility. However, he says the company has not decided when, or if, this launch will take place. “We’ll have a better picture of where we’re going towards the end of the August,” Napier says. Samsung announced File’s appointment in March, saying he has more than 23 years experience in marketing and retail, having worked for Pace, Philips and Farmers Trading Company. He spent 12 years at Philips, where he was the Asia Pacific key account director for the set top box business unit, based in Singapore. Former IT sales manager Jeff Lau exited Samsung in March. The vendor launched four notebooks in Australia in May, representing its comeback into the space across the Tasman after a two year absence there, Australian Reseller News reported. Australian-based business IT manager Emmanuele Silanesu said at the time Samsung's focus on was Asia Pacific after going into North America six months prior.
- Jun 01
- How to build an internal developer platform, from those who have done it
- Jun 10
- Microsoft equips Visual Studio Code with extension for Project Tye microservices
- Will centralised smartphone procurement see retailers bypass distribution?
- Excel, Python, and the future of data science
- More News
- 15 Jun
- Survive and Thrive: How to Build a SaaS Business for Hyper-growth
- 08 Jul
- Reseller News WIICTA 2021
- View all events