Menu
RSA: Keep an eye on your employees

RSA: Keep an eye on your employees

A new report by RSA ANZ has found that over 50 percent of IT executives surveyed are concerned about potential security violations by staff.

The report, entitled Insider Risk Management, surveyed companies in New Zealand and Australia. 81 percent of respondents were from Australia and the other 19 percent local.

Eighty percent of those surveyed were concerned about the theft or loss of confidential information while 71 percent believed errors such as out of date access rights were causing security problems for their companies.

Respondents were asked which type of staff posed the greatest insider threats. Seventy six percent believed contractors and temporary employees while sixty three percent cited permanent staff as a danger.

Half of the respondents said they are spending between 10 and 49 percent of their IT budget to combat the problem.

RSA states in the report that executives are addressing the insider threat with spending intentions, resource allocations and management disciplines.

“It is recognised that inadequate policy establishment and enforcement, together with carelessness, are more of a risk than malicious behaviour. The overreaching concern is that poor or inadequate detection and prevention pose serious risks to enterprise reputations through exposure or loss of sensitive information.”


Follow Us

Join the newsletter!

Or

Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.

Tags rsa

Featured

Slideshows

Channel gathers to celebrate the Reseller News Innovation Awards 2020 winners

Channel gathers to celebrate the Reseller News Innovation Awards 2020 winners

More than 500 channel leaders gathered in Auckland on 21 October at the ​Reseller News Innovation Awards ​2020 to celebrate the achievements of the New Zealand technology industry's top partners, start-ups, vendors, distributors and individuals.

Channel gathers to celebrate the Reseller News Innovation Awards 2020 winners
Meet the winners of the 2020 Reseller News Innovation Awards

Meet the winners of the 2020 Reseller News Innovation Awards

Reseller News honoured the standout players of the New Zealand channel in front of more than 500 technology leaders in Auckland on 21 October, recognising the achievements of top partners, start-ups, vendors, distributors and individuals.

Meet the winners of the 2020 Reseller News Innovation Awards
Meet the Reseller News 30 Under 30 Tech Awards 2020 winners

Meet the Reseller News 30 Under 30 Tech Awards 2020 winners

This year’s Reseller News 30 Under 30 Tech Awards were held as an integral part of the first entirely virtual Emerging Leaders​ forum, an annual event dedicated to identifying, educating and showcasing the New Zealand technology market’s rising stars. The 30 Under 30 Tech Awards 2020 recognised the outstanding achievements and business excellence of 30 talented individuals​, across both young leaders and those just starting out. In this slideshow, Reseller News honours this year's winners and captures their thoughts about how their ideas of leadership have changed over time.​

Meet the Reseller News 30 Under 30 Tech Awards 2020 winners
Show Comments