MapR has appointed former Oracle SVP and GM, Matt Mills, as its COO and president. Mills will report directly to MapR co-founder and CEO, John Schroeder.
“We share a common vision of MapR’s future and as we continue to expand rapidly across industries worldwide, Matt’s leadership will help us maximize the significant opportunity ahead of us," he said.
Mills brings a wealth of industry experience, having spent 20 years at Oracle and was also a member of its executive committee. Mills said he was proud to join the Hadoop-focused Big Data company.
“MapR leads in the most exciting enterprise software market today, which is reminiscent of the early database wars, where my team competed quite successfully," he said.
“I’m thrilled to join the MapR leadership team as we embark on the next phase of accelerated growth.”
- INSIGHT: How to untangle the complex world of data compliance
- LogicNow invests $US10m in new platform for managed service providers
- Is data protection another driver for Cloud adoption?
- Worldwide IT spending to surpass $US3.6 trillion in 2016: Gartner
- Oracle, SAP and Microsoft fight it out as enterprise applications market smashes $US210 billion mark
- What are the hottest tech jobs in Australia?