Global technology distributor, Avnet, has hired Mathias von Bescherer as its new vice president of operations for its technology solutions unit in Asia Pacific.
In his new role, von Bescherer will provide strategic direction for business operations as well as drive consolidation and optimisation in the region.
He will be based in Singapore and boasts more than 18 years experience in business, sales and operations across US, Europe, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Prior to taking up the Avnet post, von Bescherer was heading up both Microsoft’s consumer channel and business operations division, before taking on the role as Asia Pacific sales excellence lead SMS&P.
“The ongoing transformation in business, technology and the channel allows Avnet to continue to evolve and create innovative solutions that drive next-generation opportunities. With talented resources such as von Bescherer, Avnet can better engage with key stakeholders to drive overall operational excellence across the region,” Avnet Technology Solutions Asia Pacific president, William Chu, said in a statement.
- Interview: Readify managing director, Graeme Strange
- Microsoft APC 2015: How can Windows 10 be profitable for partners?
- Microsoft pledges $US500,000 to Australian non-profits
- Interview: Phil Sorgen, Corporate Vice President - Worldwide Partner Group at Microsoft
- Vinnies receives $27,000 at ICT Industry Awards
- Web First: Avnet appoints Sean Valcamp as first chief information security officer