New Zealand owned ICT firm Datacom were the standout winners at the 2014 EMC Business Partner Program Awards this week, claiming three honours in a tightly contested ceremony in Sydney.
Recognising the achievements of the highest performing EMC partners from the last financial year, Datacom’s success was the highlight of the evening, in front of almost 200 channel partner representatives.
In the New Zealand specific categories, Datacom New Zealand was acknowledged in EMC’s Outstanding Achievement Award for Solution Providers, taking the top gong as the Premier Kiwi Partner, while also picking up the Specialist Partner of the Year – Core Technologies in the process.
Not content with two however, the company capped off a memorable evening by taking home the Service Provider Award: EMC Exceptional Growth Award, with Christopher Trevitt, GM Partner Sales EMC A/NZ, and Mark Fioretto, GM Telecommunications and Service Providers EMC A/NZ on hand to give out the awards.
For the first time, EMC held its partner sales conference ahead of the EMC Business Partner Program Awards dinner.
During the events, David Webster, President EMC APJ and Joergen Jakobsen, VP and GM Channel EMC APJ, alongside Dias, provided updates on EMC strategy and the achievements of 2014.
“The EMC Business Partner Program Awards allow us to acknowledge our channel partners for all their hard work during the previous year,” says Alister Dias, VP and MD, EMC A/NZ.
“We have over 250 channel partners in Australia and New Zealand and each and every one plays a huge part in the success of EMC and its products and solutions.
“We look forward to continuing to develop and grow these partnerships in 2015.”
The remains A/NZ winners of the 2014 Business Partner Program Awards are:
• Solution Provider Award: EMC Distributor of the Year: Ingram Micro
• Solution Provider Award: EMC Outstanding Achievement Award - Signature Partner Australia: Infront
• Solution Provider Award: EMC Outstanding Achievement Award - Premier Partner Australia: Technology Effect
• Solution Provider Award: Specialist Partner of the Year – Data Protection Solutions: Infront
• Solution Provider Award: Specialist Partner of the Year – Emerging Technologies: Infront
• Alliance Awards: EMC Outstanding Achievement Award: Wipro
• Alliance Awards: EMC Exceptional Growth Award: CSC
• Service Provider Award: EMC Outstanding Achievement Award: Telstra
• EMC Overall Excellence in Hybrid Cloud: Ethan Group
• VCE Asia-Pacific Partner of the Year: Telstra