IT management software vendor, CA Technologies, has appointed Ian Yip to grow its security business across the northern regions of Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ).
As senior solutions strategist, he will advise organisations on industry trends and work with stakeholders to align security strategies with business objectives.
“Whilst the A/NZ security market is relatively mature, businesses are still struggling to address the security challenges associated with Cloud and mobility, data sovereignty and consumer privacy,” Yip said.
“Businesses require good products with a strategic approach. I look forward to working with our customers and partners to help them forge that path.”
Yip has worked with organisations worldwide to strategise, architect and implement IT security solutions, particularly in the areas of identity and access management, data security, IT governance, risk and compliance and mobile and Cloud security.
Prior to joining CA Technologies, he spent more than two years with NetIQ as Asia-Pacific (APAC) product and business manager where he led business development, product management and marketing across the region.
This was preceded by a seven-month stint at IBM as global business services managing consultant in 2011, having rejoined the vendor after four years away from the company. Yip has also worked for Thescient, Leafidity, Pirean, and Verdasys.
- Acronis’ new channel leaders settle in
- Australian Government backs free Cryptolocker decryption tool
- Synnex's $45m logistics centre to boost vendor and reseller competitiveness
- Russian crime hack highlights vulnerability of passwords: Symantec
- Gemalto to acquire SafeNet for $US890m
- Mitel appoints new VP and GM for Asia Pacific
- US refurbisher to challenge Australian resellers with ‘capex delay’ approach
- CA Technologies Expo 2014: Custom-built apps fundamental to business success
- CA launches Unified Infrastructure Management
- Software to lead growth in 2015 global tech market: Forrester