Microsoft has pushed out a new firmware update for its Surface tablets that improves how the devices work with Windows 10.
It's a few days before Windows 10 is officially slated to drop, and still, confusion abounds. Worse, many fallacies regarding Microsoft's plans around upgrades and support for Win10 remain in circulation, despite efforts to dispel them.
The day is finally here: Windows 10's launch. And if you haven't been participating in Microsoft's Windows Insider previews, you have a single, simple question: Should I upgrade to Windows 10?
In a recent security assessment of ten smartwatches and their iOS and Android companion applications, every single watch had at least one significant security flaw, according to a new report from HP Fortify.
Jumping into an increasingly competitive market, IBM has launched a cloud-based data warehouse service, which the company says offers a way for enterprises to analyze their operations while bypassing most of the headaches that come with running such a system in-house.
- EDGE 2015 – A world of Brave New IT: VMware
- EDGE 2015 - Aussie ICT businesses need to change their approach to Asia: Huawei
- Westcon Australia posts 40 per cent Cloud growth
- Amazon posts a profit as AWS sales nearly double
- The Cloud is too hard, so Intel launched a sweeping project to fix it
- All areas of IT impacted as public Cloud computing approaches $70 billion mark
- Still running Windows Server 2003? It’ll cost a fortune
- Cloud key as Infor reports triple-digit growth
- Vocus and Amcom create largest trans-Tasman network infrastructure provider
- Oracle tries to beef up copyright case against Android
- RSA boss calls for an APAC security rethink
- The iPad pie shrinks as its revenue contribution shrivels to record low
- IBM woos Cloud developers
- Higher-end phones help Huawei rake in the cash
For security service providers, the Internet of Things a terrifying yet exhilarating prospect.
“We're expecting the Windows 10 launch to go relatively well, though many users will opt for a free OS upgrade rather than buying a new PC."
If there's one topic that is likely to make any CIO's or IT Manager's wallet hurt, it's information security.
"It's critical that businesses ensure company information is secure and that applications work across multiple platforms."
Altisource is in the process of going Cloud native to achieve better agility in the wake of massive growth.
Trust us, Apple Watch is doing better than expected
Apple may cater to the enterprise more than ever before, but only big businesses feel the love
“After the XP impact was phased out, there have not been any major growth drivers to stimulate a PC refresh."
“We do not expect the global PC market to recover until 2016.”
“We currently have 300 resellers and we are looking to increase this to 500 within the next six months.”
In case you have been practising the Luddite lifestyle, participating in an experiment simulating life on Mars, here’s a news flash for you.
“Cloud IT infrastructure growth continues to outpace the growth of the overall IT infrastructure market."
“Mobile usage can be difficult to predict."